Monday, August 2, 2010

New Single tomorrow!


DROWN THE HORSES, THERE'S NO TOMORROW EP:
Coming from Portland's harshest Industrial act, The Drown The Horses EP will tear down all of the standards you had for local EBM. [product] has compiled a bruiting list of local artists, and good friends to remix the title track, giving the single a grassroots standard that has been lost over the years. Setting the standard for unsigned musicians, [product] brings the terror to your doorstep with all new tracks "Fuck The Club," "Intervention," and of course "Drown The Horses, There's No Tomorrow."

From Michael [product]:
I feel that it was the right time to release a single; given all of the progress with the project this year. And that is only the beginning: As shows stack up locally, and talks become more frequent with important people here and there; There is only one way for [product] to go, harsher. We have decided that we will no longer perform on stages, unless it is absolutely necessary. I believe that a lot of acts nowadays have lost a the dynamic and personal connection with the fans because they get too caught up with stage presence and being on stage and their theatrics. We have no theatrics. We have no elaborate stage show for a reason. I feel that being down on the floor, with the audience, I am able to really show them what I am saying and feeling; what I generally want to get across. I think that on the floor, people feed off of the energy and move around more.
Drown The Horses, There's No Tomorrow:
'Drown The Horses' is a really personal song for me. A good friend of mine had achieved everything that I had ever wished, or wanted, as a musician anyway; and he pissed it all away with alcohol. His addictions clouded his career and in the end, I think will cripple it. I hope that he is able to find sobriety eventually and save his career, but I have no faith that he will. This song is about that, and how I felt at the time it was all happening, and how I saw it all fall apart.
Fuck The Club:
This song is about the club scene here in Portland, and how it's dynamic is all kinds of fucked up. The end result though, is all about releasing all of the tention that you endure in your everyday life and just going to the club and saying FUCK EVERYTHING, and letting it all go. There's a lot of issues with the economy, and relationships, and political ties, and who you know, and all that shit and I believe that it is important to go and dance or whatever it is that you do to release tention.

Tomorrow. Drown The Horses, There's No tomorrow will be released via the official website and bandcamp.com. It will be FREE for the first 2 days (Tuesday the 3rd, and Wednesday the 4th,) after that it will be $3 digitally and $5 for a physical copy (released August 29th, 2010.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment